Monday, September 13, 2010

life update. super tired.


yo.
life is busy. im tired.
the past 3 wks of my last year of law school have been OOC. for reals. first week= idk what I did with my life.  week 2= finalized my sched for school/work. week 3= car accident, nonstop work+school.

srsly, I am working more hours than I am in school.  Im taking some pretty amazing classes this semester, minus a few but whatevs. Im only taking 12 credits since I took 5 this summer and so that leaves me with only 13 to take next spring YAYYYY. I have family law, (no tues classes yay), health law, Wills Clinic (which I have been trying to get into for 2 semesters!!!), Bar Prep, and State& Local Gov't.  They are all pretty interesting, I only have 2 finals in December and my upper level writing requirement (im doing mine for my health law class on Euthanasia and the Role of the DR--interesting, right???!) So class is good. Work is great as well, I think I was only supposed to work until like August but I guess my boss likes me and my work so she is keeping me on for the rest of the semester at the very least!!! Im working about 14 hours a week so I am definitely super busy.  During business hours, if Im not at school, Im working. I love it though, I am still learning so much about like practicing and the practical stuff you dont learn in school (i.e. how important client selection really is!!!!!!)  Im always tired but its a good tired.  I think after this summer, I've officially said goodbye to wearing "normal clothes" and its either business casual or professional suits everyday. and heels. omg, my feet hate me so much. i need a pedicure asap.  I'll miss the fun clothes but what can i do I guess.

Life is interesting right now.  Im still on track with my running minus this past week.  I was in a car accident last Tuesday and havent run since.  My back is killing me and Ive been taking flexeril the past few nights.  I cant tonight b/c I think I might try to wake up early tomorrow and try a short run.  I need to run this wk b/c I have a date (omg i know right, why do I let myself get distracted at imp times liek this?!??!!? I should be worrying abt my bar application rgt now) next wkend and I am for reals going on my super healthy+balance bar diet this wk. omg. Is that wrong????? I am j cutting all the bad stuff out this week- sodas (but will allow espresso b/c I need the caffeine everyday), cheese, heavy breadstuffs (incl bagels), frozen yogurt (no matter how much I want to go to feeneys), baby goldfish, and pita chips.  So you ask, what is Manisha going to eat this wk?? WELL, I have my espresso, TONS of water, balance bars, yellow nectarines, bananas, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, baby carrot sticks, and light indian meals (b/c I make them super healthy w/ as little oil/fats as poss and with as much fresh/frozen veggies I can afford).    I am so nervous. But I have butterflies. (thats good, right???) ok, I will leave it with that, I am no good with showing my emotions bc quite frankly Ive become really emotional lately (the past few months) and I need to keep myself in check more.
ANYWAYS. that is my life right now.

P>S> on my last post, Bonnie & Aud asked for some before/after pictures of me since my 1 yr mark on my weight loss journey.  update: I am kinda at a standstill righ tnow and I am not happy about it-- I havent lost much lbs since like mid-july but my mom and friends j keep telling me its b/c I have gained more muscle since I intensified my running. IDK. I j wish I could reach that small number that I have dreamt about the past 13 months.
ok, here are some BEFORE pictures:



This is me in May 2008 before the Friday night graduation ceremony from Virginia Tech. I was about 175ish lbs at that time...









This is Halloween 2008 during my first semester in law school.  somewhere around 180ish lbs here











this is during my trip to Bburg December 2008.





hahahahaha I felt that this was appropriate for my former self. eating cake on my 23rd bday (010109)



this is from my family's trip to a mandir in PA February 2009.  nearing somewhere 185ish here








i was really heavy here. this is out end of the year party for our 1L year. I think I was pretty much in the 190s here.





summer 2009-- somewhere in June, my mom sis and I went to Atlanta and OBVI when we went to the Coke place, I had to try every single option. diet opts be damned.









this is me in Waller Mill Park in Williamsburg VA on July 4th wkend coming to about 200or so lbs/size 16/18





Katha at my house in late July 2009. 









this was probs my first sign that I needed to change things in life.  August 1, 2009- my cousin Dhruvi's engagement party in FL.  I wore my mom's sari and had to let out the seam (to a size bigger than my mom's) and my cousin';s aunt-in-law that I was my cousin's aunt, not her 23yr old cousin. real scary.






this was probs my heaviest. somewhere around 218lbs.  August 7, 2009 in NJ for my cousin's youngest son's wedding. probs the lowest Ive been re: self -esteem.  all those gorgeous tall, skinny indian girls and those hot brown guys at the wedding didnt help either..


August 7, 2009 was when I decided I wanted to do something about myself.  I felt terrible about myself, I wasnt happy, and just felt miserable all around.  I was about to start my 2nd (and probs hardest) yr of law school and I knew I had to do something to make sure I was sane and didnt go off the deep end during the most stressful 4 months of my life. 
here are the AFTER pictures I promised:


Sept 4, 2009, my friend adrienne came to visit for the britney spears concert on the 5th.








my best friend's Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Weekend- October 2009 (somewhere done to like 180 i think)









Oct 30, 2009 at my cousin's party celebrating them getting married legally in the US.









Thanksgiving 2009, down about 30 lbs to somewhere around 170-5ish. also, 12inches shorter hair :)










NYE 2009/2010 in Washington DC.  I was about 170/168ish lbs here










In India at my cousin Dhruvi's garba night before her wedding day. January 2010.



this was in January when I went to blacksburg to help my sorority out with recruitment. a low of 170lbs
 








ME! In Hawaii! May 2010! A grand total low of 160/158lbs!!! I havent been this number in nearly 5 yrs.





another one from Hawaii j b/c it was such an amazing trip.  this was the day I found out I got the summer (my current) job I interviewed for during finals!



this was at my brother's med school graduation party in May 2010 :)

















at my friend Derrick's wedding in Charleston, we took a beach trip. First time in my life I didnt feel overly self-conscious wearing a bathing suit and walking around on the beach w/o a coverup. Yeah that didnt even happen in Hawaii.  somewhere around 158lbs here. still got my tan. July 10, 2010.





at the plantation house where Derrick and Leigh had their reception.







again at the reception. all of the elon kids wtih the gorg couple!







w my daddy on his 60th bday. August 15, 2010. abt 155lbs








in Newport News August 29, 2010 for my best friend's baby shower! Love her and baby Jane so much!











September 9, 2010 at the Women's Law Association Little Black Dress Party.  155-158lbs.









So there you go.  my weight loss journey thus far. Ive lost about 63lbs.  My goal is to be b/w 128-130lbs by my 25th birthday.  I hope to God I can accomplish this goal, I've come too far not to get there.  IDK. we will see.


hope you enjoyed my life in pictures from 2008-present.

until next time.

LOVE ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10K 13.1 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2022 30 Day Shred 32 5K 80s 8K 90210 90s ACC Basketball AGD Aladdin alcohol alias Alpha Gamma Delta Amazon Amy Amy Poehler Animal Kingdom Ann Taylor apple apple juice April Art of Animation artichokes Asian Aziz Ansari baa babies Backstreet Boys baking banana Bar Exam BCBG beach beauty bed berry beverage bff BFFs birthdays black Black Honey Blacksburg blog hiatus bloggers blogging blogs blue Brave Britney Spears Broccoli brothers Brown Burn Boot Camp Cabernet Sauvignon Cafe Carolina Calvin Harris Calvin Klein Canada cancer candles cardigan Carly Rae Jepson casual friday Center City Park Chanel changes Cheese Cher chex Clinique Clinque clothes Clueless cocoa butter coffee college cookies cooking coral corn cousins Crunches culture clash cupcakes Daddy dairy danville dates David Yurman dessert desserts detroit Detroit in Training diamonds diets Disney Disney Princess DISNEY WORLD disordered eating doctors Dogs Donnie Wahlberg downtown Downtown Disney drink driving DSW Eminem engagement Epcot espresso Esquire Este Lauder ethics exercise exhaustion Expo eyeliner fall family family law farmer's market Fat Joe Father's Day favorites finals flowers flying food foot Football Founder's Day Franco Sarto French Friday Friday Favorites friends fruit fruits Full House Garmin gatorade Gilmore Girls girl crush goals goldfish grandma Grandpas Greek Greensboro grey Gu hair half marathon happieness Hawaii health heartache henna hilarious Hinduism Hokies Hollywood Studios Homeland humor ice cream Indian Indian food injury insomnia iTunes Ja Rule Jasmine JayZ jcp jeopardy Jerry McGuire Jillian Michaels Jimmy Fallon JLo jobs John Legend John Stamos June Justin Timberlake Kanye Kanye West Kasper Kelly Kelly Clarkson Kelly Kapoor Kelly Rowland Kid Cudi KT Tape La Roux lace Lady Antebellum lady gaga law school Legally Blonde Leo Leonardo Dicaprio Leslie Knope LIEP life link up lip balm local businesses LOFT loneliness Lorelai Gilmore Lost love Lucy Ludacris Luna Bar Macados Macy's Magic Kingdom makeup Malbec mango March Mariah Carey maroon Marshalls Maryland mascara Maui May medals Mexican Michael Scott Milania milkshakes Mindy Mindy Kailing Missoni moisturizer moms Month in Review mornings Mother's Day motivation music Myrtle Beach nachos nail polish National Running Day NC Nelly Nemo Netflix new friends New Jersey New Years Nick Carter Nike Nike+ Nine West NJ NKOTBSB North Carolina NY and Co. NYC Old Navy Olivia Pope OOTD OPI orange outfits packing Pandora Panera ParksNRec party Pearls perfume pie piedmont triad pink Pioneer Woman pizza plants Playlist Wednesday polka dots potatoes potpourri PR Princesses Product Review progress PTI Puerto Rico pugs pupcakes puppies puppies and booze purple race shopping races racing rain Raleigh random recipes red red wine relationships RHOA RHONJ rides Rihanna Ripped in 30 run runDisney running Rusty sad sarcasm saris SATC SBS sbsmeetup SBTB Scandal Sephora September shoes shopping siblings sick sickness single sisterhood sisters skirt suit sleep snacks Snow Sorority soup South South Carolina South Indian souvenirs SparkleSkirts spinach Spring spring break Sprite studying success Suits Summer summertime sun Sunday Recipe support surprise Tahari tapering Target teal tequilla teryaki thanksgiving The Good Wife The Hills The Lion King The Little Mermaid The OC The Office TI Tim Gunn Tina Tina Fey Tinderella Titanic Tom Haverford tourists traditions training training plan travel treat yo self Tresemme trips Tuesday Thoughts tv TV shows Usher vegetarian Virginia Tech virus vodka Walt Disney World wasabi wear to work wedding wedding dresses weddings weight loss wellness WHBM white wine wino words to live by work workouts WTP