Here's this week's playlist I am loving.. even though I can't run this week. This list includes great driving songs too, since I'll be doing a lot of that this week!
- Motown Philly- Boyz II Men
- I can't tell you how much this song always gets me going. Whether I am running, or even driving back and forth from Greensboro and Danville like this week. And, it never fails to remind me of this gem from one of my all-time favorite childhood shows.
- U Don't Have to Call- Usher
- I recently heard this on my Usher pandora station. I am a huge Usher fan but I hadn't listened to a lot of his early 2000s albums in forever so this was a pleasant surprise. I love the upbeat tempo of this song without being too fast/slow for when I run.
- TikTok- Ke$ha
- This song always reminds me of dance parties from summer/fall 2010 haha! I love the nonsensical lyrics and singing them while I run or drive. Ke$ha is crazy but her music is great for running!
- American Boy (feat. Kanye West)- Estelle
- Many people forget about this song from 2008 but I like to think of it from a time before Kanye West became annoying and extremely full of himself. I remember listening to this senior year of college and I've had it on most all of my playlists since I started running fall of my 2L year of law school. I even remember how excited I was when it won the Grammy all those years ago! Love it!!
- Everything is Everything- Lauryn Hill
- Love the message of this song (Everything is everything, What is meant to be will be. After winder, must come spring, Change, it comes eventually"). I listened to this song a lot after my last bar exam attempt (which I passed!!!) last August and it helps me keep perspective in life if that makes sense. I love this song for running/working out especially because it reminds me the pain in my legs, the mental exhaustion, etc in the long run doesn't matter and no matter what I can get through that run/workout! Also, check out the video, pretty amazing!!!
Hope you liked this week's song selections! Did any of your favorites make the list? What would your Playlist Wednesday look like this week??