So here is this week's playlist- rap edition! I go through phases when I run where I can't stand to listen to some of my favorite songs/genres and this week is one of them. I heard all of these songs on my Usher/90s R&B Pandora stations this week which inspired me to add them to my running playlist!
- Lose Yourself- Eminem
- This is from Eminem's movie "8 Mile. " I love hearing this song getting in a grove with the beat while I run. You can say what you want about Eminem (and we all know there is plenty to say) but one this that can't be contested is that he is a talented musician. I really enjoy his music for running purely for the beat and sometimes the lyrics as well (for example, "Not Afraid" but that is for another post).
- You Got Me (live)- The Roots
- This one is kind of a hit or miss. I have to be in the right mood in my run for this song but when I am, it's perfect. The original recorded version of this song has Eryka Badu (who I love) and she did an amazing job but I love when Jill Scott sings in the live versions with the Roots. I've become a huge fan of The Roots from watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon all the time and I knew they were from Philadelphia but I had no idea they were good friends with Jill Scott and that she actually helped write this one. Even if you don't like this song for running, it's a great song regardless! I know I love it!
- Drop the World (feat. Eminem)- Lil Wayne
- Warning-- this one has some bad language but hey, what other rap songs don't?? The beat of this song is perfect once I get into a run and get in a good groove with my intervals. I think one of the reasons I like this song so much for when I run is because
- Welcome to Atlanta-Jermaine Dupri; Ludacris
- Again, this is another great song once I get in the groove of my intervals. I originally had this song on my playlist for my first half marathon back in 2011 and it was just what I needed to pick myself up after a tough first 10 miles. The music is great and the lyrics are so ridiculous I cant lie, sometimes I break out in laughter while running when this song comes on my playlist!
- Get No Better (feat. Moshanda)- Cassidy
- Here's an oldie but goodie haha! This is from wayyyy back (2004) but it's pretty upbeat, great for running and has some catchy lyrics.
Hope you enjoyed this week's rap-inspired playlist!
Do you like to run/workout to rap music? What other genres of music get you going for a good run or workout?