So I've been back and running more consistently the past couple weeks and I start my Detroit International Half Marathon training plan next week (look out for a post coming with my training plan) sooo I really need to get my playlist updated with some more/new songs. I updated my old playlist over the weekend to add some of the new songs I downloaded but I'm still hoping to make some changes in the next few weeks! Here are some of my new (&old) favorites this week:
- Little Black Dress- Sara Bareilles
- love love love this song! One of my girlfriends told me about Sara Bareilles' new album streaming on iTunes last week and told me about this song so I naturally became obsessed and now have it on repeat! Love it for building my speed up on my runs!
- Remember the Name (feat. Styles of Beyond)- Fort Minor
- So I heard this on Pandora for the past few weeks and I have been meaning to download it and finally did over the weekend! I know this isn't technically a "new" song but it is to me- perfect beat for running and keeping me going during my longer runs!
- Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton)-Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- AH I love this song. I've just recently discovered Macklemore (I'm behind on the times, right???) but I am obsessed. I love this song to run to and it really just keeps me motivated and my spirits up during a longer run because after the first 45 minutes, I am always ready to quit. Usually once I get through 60 minutes, the time/distance doesn't seem overwhelming but that sliver of time between 45 minutes and 60minutes is always the hardest for me for any run/race, etc.
- Fantasy (Remix)- Mariah Carey & ODB
- This has literally been a staple in my life since I was what, 9-10 years old? MC's Daydream album was the first tape I ever got (didn't start getting cds until I was 16) and I played it so much that the tape eventually wouldn't play. I think I still have the old tape case in my old bedroom at my parents' house! So this remix- it's pretty much amazing. I love the remix especially because it includes some classic 90s rap and parts of one of my all time favorite songs! Definitely add it to your playlist- your running/workout life will never be the same!
- The Fear [Explicit]- Lily Allen
- Oooh another older song! I just love the beat of this song. It's a nice break from my rap/r&b heavy playlist. I love the femininity of this song and Lily Allen has an amazing voice! Definitely check out the link and see if it's something that would mesh well with your playlists!
What are your favorite songs of the moment??