I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by my sweet sorority sis at Sorority Life to Army Wife. Her blog is great from the perspective as a military spouse so follow her NOW! I'm extremely flattered too b/c I feel like only 2 people read this so this is all sorts of exciting! I meant to write this post weeks ago but with a trip to Puerto Rico, Thanksgiving, and a wkend trip to Blacksburg, AND having a sinus infection, I have been sooo behind!
Here's an adorable Liebster pic from Lisa's blog!
The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
11 facts about me:
1. I am the only one in my family to delve outside of the medical/engineering professions.
2. I’m slightly (and by slightly I mean extremely) obsessed with Virginia Tech and Alpha Gamma Delta (for evidence, j/ walk into my townhouse: maroon furniture, orange accents, sorority soap in the guest bath, squirrels everywhere)
3. I used to be a lifeguard/swimming instructor in middle and high school (well, lifeguard once I reached the permissible age)
4. I've run 3 half marathons, with #4 coming in February!!
5. I'm a super picky vegetarian. Try going to "american" cuisine restaurants and you don't eat mushrooms, what are you left with? The bread on the table.
6. I love taking pictures; I love documenting life and memories!!!
7. During my second& third years of law school, I lost a massive 85 pounds!
8. I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was 14 and now that I am one, I'm not sure if I want to practice law- crazy right???
9. I adopted the most adorable puppy in March- a pug & chihuahua mix. He definitely saved my life this past year from spiraling into a deep hole of depression. Sounds extreme but he really uplifts my life with just his little smile and head tilt!
10. I'm the youngest of 3 so I'm used to getting what I want:)
11. if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life (w/o thinking about calories haha), it would be either pizza or mac &cheese.
10 Qs for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as an outlet during law school and it turned into a way for me to keep track of life events, my running, and staying accountable to myself, health & exercise-wise!
2. What is your favorite dish at your favorite restaurant?
Oooh, I don't even know if I have a favorite restaurant at the moment. I guess my favorite dish at the restaurant I most frequent is the Cheese Raviloli al Forno at Bravo!
3. Do you prefer shopping in brick-and-mortar stores or online?
At the moment, Im not a fan of shopping but when I do, I love online shopping at places where they do free returns (helllo asos.com) because I HATE fitting rooms and trying things on at actual stores.
4. Was your favorite college (or high school) class taught by your favorite instructor? What were they?
Hmm, favorite class?? In college, had this one history professor that I really enjoyed so I took all his classes but I loved my senior seminar for history (ironically I took it junior yr) which was a discussion class called "The Cold War and Beyond"-- 20th century history is my favorite area to study so this was perfect!
5. Where did you last vacation?
OOH, I LOVE VACATIONS. I went to Waikiki again in September to celebrate a yearlong struggle to pass the bar exam and then my sister took my mom and I on vacation to Puerto Rico 2 wks ago (I'm still peeling from my tan/sunburn!). Hawaii is definitely my favorite vacation place (been the last 3 yrs) sooo I recommend everyone and their mother go there!!!!!!!!
6. Tell me your family's most unique Thanksgiving tradition.
Well, I'm brown and so we don't do what most people think of traditional thanksgiving things so I guess what is unique for us is we usually do a large meal of a particular food genre (i.e. once we did a full indian meal, last year I made a full italian dinner).
7. If you could own any exotic animal as a pet, what would you choose?
Hmm, exotic animal? I didn't really like animals until like January 2012 so this is going to be a stretch for me...Penguins! I fall in love with them every time I saw them in Hawaii at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (where we stayed May 2010 and Sept 2012).
8. How did you come up with your blog name?
WELL, my blog name has changed 3x. First, it was Just Another Hokie law student or something like that, then Hokie, JD when I graduated law school, and finally Hokie, Esq when I finally passed the bar exam and became a licensed attorney.
9. Who created the recipe you cook the most?
My favorite recipe is for homemade pasta sauce and I got that from Rachel Ray online years ago (like in 2007) for when I make lasagna, baked penne, etc but over the years I've tweaked it to make it my own for flavors my family and I enjoy!
10. You can ask any three historical figures (including those who are still alive) to dinner. Whom do you invite?
Oh, definitely Sandra Day O'Connor (had the pleasure of listening to her speak at my law school in 2010)-- for her perspective on women in the law during some of the most tumultuous times in US 20th century history. Who else? Gandhiji-- he is the one man in history that I feel like actually lived his life pragmatically; he truly "practiced what he preached" so to speak. Finally, I would say FDR. I have such an interest in 20th century history, especially world war 2 history, I feel like the stories and conversations with someone who brought this country through a depression and a war would be beyond captivating.
10 Qs for my Nominees:
- What is your favorite tv show (past or present) and why?
- What is your ideal/dream vacation spot, expenses be damned?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How many different countries have you been to and which was your favorite?
- What was your favorite part about college/grad school?
- What is #1 on your life bucket list?
- With which family member are you closest and why?
- What food item could you eat for the rest of your life and never get tired of it??
- What is your favorite movie that you could watch over and over?
- What is your favorite cereal?
Megan at MADNESS
Nina at Survival in a Hectic World
Andrea at Single & Saving: Living the Single Life on a Budget
Casey at Where are the Rapaljes?