Saturday, March 23, 2013

Disney Princess Half Marathon 2013 Recap (Day 3 Part 2)

So I left off after all 4 of us getting back to the resort after the race.  We had checked the magic hours when we first arrived to FL and were excited to see that Magic Kingdom was open late until 11pm Sunday night so we decided this was the perfect way to spend the rest of our day!

Maggie and I were exhausted after the race but we got cleaned up and were famished so all four of us decided that we'd go ahead and eat at the food court in our resort before catching the bus over to MK.  The meal was pretty standard.  My sis and Sara got the veggie burger (which they hated! I would too, it fell apart almost immediately), Maggie had an Asian inspired meal, and I chose the cheese pizza.  I was well aware this was a frozen pizza but I have this thing where I literally cannot eat a single thing after running long distances--to the point where I am nauseous at the sight, thought, &smell of food. I get like that and cant eat for a minimum of 24hrs.  My sister was worried about me so she asked me to eat a banana before we left the family reunion area in the morning and drink my red powerade. It finally took me to our lunchtime at the food court to finally get the whole powerade down.  The pizza didn't help much but I gave my sis half of it and my crusts b/c I just couldn't stomach it and her veggie burger wasn't that great.  We perused the gift shop after lunch and made our way to the MK bus stop.

I must say, my favorite thing about the parks is walking into Magic Kingdom from the bus stops. It's basically the spot where all the people from the resort busses, the monorail, and the ferry come together after scanning their park tickets.  It truly is magical.
everyone's a kid in Disney World!
We saw Snow White as soon as we entered the park so we got some pictures with her (and it started to rain while we were waiting in line!!!).
ugh I look all gross and bloated from all the water/powerade frm the race but look at my BLING!
We walked up Main St USA and got to take in all the amazingness that is Magic Kingdom and in front of Cinderella's Castle.  This is probs one of my favorite parts of being ing MK!
a wet Main St, USA
From there we started out in Adventureland where my sis and Sara had some Dole Whip! I wanted some so bad but I was feeling so nauseous still after the race so I only had a bite of my sis'.

We rode the Magic Carpet Ride which was amazing b/c I love ALL things Aladdin :) After, we went on the Jungle Cruise.  I was soo exhausted and my feet were burning so bad after standing in line FOREVER, I did the unthinkable and sat down on the dirty ground because I couldn't stand another minute longer.  I know, I know, I'm still in disbelief I did something so gross.  Anyways, we went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (always a favorite!!) too.  We headed over to Frontierland next and rode on one of my all time favorites- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  I love this ride just because it has a roller-coaster feel but no crazy drops, etc that most roller coasters are known.  We wanted to ride Splash Mtn so so bad but it was closed for refurbishment :( We went to Liberty Square next and went to the Hall of Presidents because I am such a fan of American history but unfortunately, the lack of sleep and the exhaustion from the race led Maggie and I to accidentally take a slight nap towards the end of the video haha but we were definitely refreshed afterwards!

Next, was my favorite part of all of MK-- Fantasyland and the New Fantasyland! Here's a rundown of the rides we hit up (definitely spent the most time here while in MK): 'its a small world', Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's PhilharMagic, and the Mad Tea Party (LOVE the teacups!!!!).  I know the New Fantasyland is supposed to be so amazing but without a doubt, but I miss the old Mickey's Toontown Fair. I loved going into Mickey&MInnie's house and seeing all their oversized mouse- items in their house and then waiting in line to meet them there! We didn't get to see the new Storybook Circus area close up but everything looked amazing (and definitely need to go back to do all the rides/attractions).  In the New Fantasyland area, theres a cool area inspired by Beauty and the Beast with Gaston's Tavern and even Beast's Castle.  There is an amazing restaurant in Beast's Castle called "Be Our Guest" and although I didn't get to go there, Maggie did go (she stayed a few days after I left) and had nothing but amazing things to say! There is a room with the rose in the glass case from the movie, and after you're done eating, the Beast is there too. I really wish I could have gone but again, that is something for next time!

We ate somewhere in Fantasyland (clearly not that memorable b/c I still couldnt handle food) and then made our way back to Cinderella's Castle for the fireworks show. Tinkerbell flew out of the castle into Tomorrowland at the beginning of the show and the fireworks were AMAZING.  I just love all the fanfare Disney puts into it's nighttime fireworks.


After the fireworks, we went back into New Fantasyland and got to go into Ariel's Under the Sea ride and it was so much fun.  The ride got stuck for a little bit but at least we were in the scene where they were singing "Under the Sea" and not the scary ursula scene!

We were soo exhausted at this point but were determined to go to all of the "lands" in MK so we headed over to Tomorrowland!  I honestly was scared of Tomorrowland when I was younger I think mainly because I was/am scared of Space Mountain.  I remember after riding it for the first time when I was 8 and I almost puked afterwards and the rest of my family (mainly my older brother) made fun of me for the rest of the day. We rode the People Mover (which was amazing) and so much fun because we got a nice cool breeze and we were off our feet for a while! We rode the Buzz Lightyear ride too which was so much fun even though I was super confused the entire time ahah! I feel like we did a couple other things but it's all a blur from sheer exhaustion.  I think it was about 10:45pm at this point so we decided to just go back to our rooms and forgo the last 15 minutes of magic hours haha

It took forever and a day to get back to Art of Animation in a jam packed bus.  Maggie and I were both incredibly exhausted and almost fell asleep standing on the bus!! Once we got back tot he room, I immediately turned on the Oscars (I usually live-tweet with one of my good friends from college) but I caught the last 30 mins or so because it went wayyy over time!! SO happy Argo won but WTF was that acceptance speech Ben?! You should be LUCKY Jen has stayed with you after all your womanizing ways (BTW I STILL LOVE YOU).

All in all, we had a great race and then 10+ hrs in Magic Kingdom afterwards! One more day left in the PHM Weekend recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10K 13.1 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2022 30 Day Shred 32 5K 80s 8K 90210 90s ACC Basketball AGD Aladdin alcohol alias Alpha Gamma Delta Amazon Amy Amy Poehler Animal Kingdom Ann Taylor apple apple juice April Art of Animation artichokes Asian Aziz Ansari baa babies Backstreet Boys baking banana Bar Exam BCBG beach beauty bed berry beverage bff BFFs birthdays black Black Honey Blacksburg blog hiatus bloggers blogging blogs blue Brave Britney Spears Broccoli brothers Brown Burn Boot Camp Cabernet Sauvignon Cafe Carolina Calvin Harris Calvin Klein Canada cancer candles cardigan Carly Rae Jepson casual friday Center City Park Chanel changes Cheese Cher chex Clinique Clinque clothes Clueless cocoa butter coffee college cookies cooking coral corn cousins Crunches culture clash cupcakes Daddy dairy danville dates David Yurman dessert desserts detroit Detroit in Training diamonds diets Disney Disney Princess DISNEY WORLD disordered eating doctors Dogs Donnie Wahlberg downtown Downtown Disney drink driving DSW Eminem engagement Epcot espresso Esquire Este Lauder ethics exercise exhaustion Expo eyeliner fall family family law farmer's market Fat Joe Father's Day favorites finals flowers flying food foot Football Founder's Day Franco Sarto French Friday Friday Favorites friends fruit fruits Full House Garmin gatorade Gilmore Girls girl crush goals goldfish grandma Grandpas Greek Greensboro grey Gu hair half marathon happieness Hawaii health heartache henna hilarious Hinduism Hokies Hollywood Studios Homeland humor ice cream Indian Indian food injury insomnia iTunes Ja Rule Jasmine JayZ jcp jeopardy Jerry McGuire Jillian Michaels Jimmy Fallon JLo jobs John Legend John Stamos June Justin Timberlake Kanye Kanye West Kasper Kelly Kelly Clarkson Kelly Kapoor Kelly Rowland Kid Cudi KT Tape La Roux lace Lady Antebellum lady gaga law school Legally Blonde Leo Leonardo Dicaprio Leslie Knope LIEP life link up lip balm local businesses LOFT loneliness Lorelai Gilmore Lost love Lucy Ludacris Luna Bar Macados Macy's Magic Kingdom makeup Malbec mango March Mariah Carey maroon Marshalls Maryland mascara Maui May medals Mexican Michael Scott Milania milkshakes Mindy Mindy Kailing Missoni moisturizer moms Month in Review mornings Mother's Day motivation music Myrtle Beach nachos nail polish National Running Day NC Nelly Nemo Netflix new friends New Jersey New Years Nick Carter Nike Nike+ Nine West NJ NKOTBSB North Carolina NY and Co. NYC Old Navy Olivia Pope OOTD OPI orange outfits packing Pandora Panera ParksNRec party Pearls perfume pie piedmont triad pink Pioneer Woman pizza plants Playlist Wednesday polka dots potatoes potpourri PR Princesses Product Review progress PTI Puerto Rico pugs pupcakes puppies puppies and booze purple race shopping races racing rain Raleigh random recipes red red wine relationships RHOA RHONJ rides Rihanna Ripped in 30 run runDisney running Rusty sad sarcasm saris SATC SBS sbsmeetup SBTB Scandal Sephora September shoes shopping siblings sick sickness single sisterhood sisters skirt suit sleep snacks Snow Sorority soup South South Carolina South Indian souvenirs SparkleSkirts spinach Spring spring break Sprite studying success Suits Summer summertime sun Sunday Recipe support surprise Tahari tapering Target teal tequilla teryaki thanksgiving The Good Wife The Hills The Lion King The Little Mermaid The OC The Office TI Tim Gunn Tina Tina Fey Tinderella Titanic Tom Haverford tourists traditions training training plan travel treat yo self Tresemme trips Tuesday Thoughts tv TV shows Usher vegetarian Virginia Tech virus vodka Walt Disney World wasabi wear to work wedding wedding dresses weddings weight loss wellness WHBM white wine wino words to live by work workouts WTP