Sooo, its the last week before my half marathon, FINALLY! I feel so ready for this race and have been relatively healthy during my 8 week training period (minus some back spasms/chest pains but nbd!). It is a little bittersweet since this is the last week of my training and I only have one small 5K left on my race schedule this season. I am trying to get my fall running/race schedule in order but that will definitely start happening for sure next week when I get back from Divas HM this coming weekend!
Here is this week's fun playlist-- all songs that empower and make me feel better about myself during my runs!
- Stronger- Britney Spears
- Clearly, Brit Brit can do no wrong (ok, well yes she can but musically… um ok nevermind). I love this song. It has been a favorite of mine ever since I heard it on Britney's cd "Oops!…I Did It Again" back in 2000 and I've been pretty obsessed with it for the past 13 years. I love the message of the song and the music for my extra long runs (like my 14 miler this past Sunday).
- Stronger- Kanye West
- OK, don't get me wrong, I am no Kanye fan but I love this song. I remember Fall 2007 I listened to this song all the time hahaha thinking I was so cool but it's a recent edition to my running playlist and it's just so catch with silly lyrics I love to sing along!
- What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)- Kelly Clarkson
- This is literally one of the best songs to run to ever! I already love me some Kelly Clarkson and when this song came out, it instantly became a favorite! I love the message of this song and it just makes me feel powerful and in control of my own life 'even though' I'm a single Professional. Add it to your playlist- it will change your life :)
- Survivor- Destiny's Child
- This joined my playlist when I was training for the 2011 Disney Princess. I love this song (and video). It's especially great for long runs because it makes me feel like no matter what happens, I will survive and that is definitely a necessay mindset for all those long runs!
- Bootylicious- Destiny's Child
- Haha, Ok this song is a little silly but it always makes me feel good about myself when I run because hey being bootylicious is good right? haha, especially when you feel those first few jiggles… just saying.
What are your favorite workout songs this week? Do you have a pick-me-up song like Bootylicious is for me?