Ahhhh the long awaited return of Recipe Sunday! I haven't really been cooking much since I mean, I hate cooking for just me and then having leftovers for like a week but today I made an exception. For Father's Day, I offered to take my dad out to lunch wherever he wants, on me, and if he wanted I would make something too. We went to lunch and before I left town, I made him some of my nachos that my whole family loves! I did make some alterations as to how I usually make them but he loved it nonetheless!
Here's the ingredient list, method, and some pictures I snapped today!
- Your favorite tortilla chips (my dad loves On the Border)
- 1 can light red kidney beans (as prepared HERE)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ large or 1 small/medium white onion, diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- Pace Picante Sauce (Medium)
- Hot Sauce (Cholua all day every day!)
- ½ jar Pace Queso con Salsa
- handful shredded cheddar cheese
- (Other items I didn't use but you might like- sour cream, pickled jalapeños, black olives, etc.--I usually add shredded lettuce too but my dad doesn't like it so I didn't add it today)
- Preheat the oven for 400 deg F
- Spread tortilla chips on a non-stick cookie sheet
- Prepare the kidney beans like I did for the Mexican Pizza recipe HERE
- Spread the kidney bean mixture on the tortilla chips
- Spread the queso con salsa over the tortilla chips (be conservative here because more cheese is coming later)
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños evenly over the entire tray
- Add in any other veggies or spreads you like!
- Add the Cholua hot sauce and picante sauce LIBERALLY over the veggies!
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over all your veggies and toppings
- Finally, add the chopped cilantro on top of the cheese
- Bake Nachos for 6 minutes or until cheese and toppings are all bubbly and yummy
- STUFF YOUR FACE AND ENJOY!
My dad LOVED these nachos! If I were making this just in general (UM YES SUMMER FIESTA) I would have added shredded lettuce, not used the queso con salsa, and more tomatoes, onions, and cilantro!
BONUS PICS FROM SATURDAY
He loves me!
a hot Saturday morning!
Did you make anything special for your dad this Father's Day??