OK so I am FINALLY getting back into running after almost a month of injury and infections and viruses. Let's be honest, my body was not too happy with the way I treated it in April (90+ miles, 3 PR races, etc.). I started back with short 30-45 minute treadmill runs so I can get my heart rate up and slowly build my endurance back up! I have some exciting races planned for this summer and fall and I want to be on the top of my game when those races arrive!
Without further ado, here is the return of Playlist Wednesday (a day late since my life this week is OOC) and the highlight of what I'm listening to this week:
- Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams)- Daft Punk
- This song was found on a fluke when I was perusing the iTunes Top Singles list the other day! I love it and I'm always down for anything with Pharrell! It's a new addition to my running playlist so I still need to hear it a few more times to figure out my groove with the beat and running!
- No Church In the Wild (feat. Frank Ocean & The-Dream)- Jay-Z & Kanye West
- Sooo, I was delirious one night and totally downloaded The Great Gatsby soundtrack in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. This song is in a lot of the previews (and a commercial too I think?) but it's great if you like rap songs when you run! I love the beat to this and its like OTP Jay&Kanye are reunited once again!
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)- Fergie, Q-Tip, & GoonRock
- This too is from The Great Gatsby soundtrack I downloaded a few weeks ago in an insomniac rage. I love this song! It's so true, a little party never killed anybody! Every time I hear this when I run, I just want to have a dance party and drink champagne!
- Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera)- Pitbull
- Now, let me just say for the record, I do not listen to Pitbull recreationally but I heard this song on the radio couple weeks ago and it's so freaking perfect for running! I love the upbeat parts of the song that it just makes me want to sprint during those parts! Maybe it'll be my speedwork song?? PS Christina sounds so AMAZING in this song!!
- 22- Taylor Swift
- I know I'll regret this later but it is so damn catchy! I love singing along with the chorus when I run haha! Sometimes, I do wish I could act like I'm 22 again!
What's your favorite running/workout song this week??