OK- this is one of my all time favorites! I made this last July when I literally flew up to Detroit for less than 36 hours to surprise my brother for his birthday, which happened to be 9 days before the Bar Exam! I was so upset that I had missed so many family occasions (and especially because of all of the things going on with my family at the time) because I was literally studying for the bar exam for 16 months so my mom and I concocted this plan where I would leave from Raleigh at the crack of dawn (had to leave Greensboro SO early for my flight) and then catch a flight from Raleigh to Charlotte and from Charlotte to Detroit and then my brother's girlfriend would pick me up from the airport and we would go straight to lunch and surprise my brother and the rest of my family!
Needless to say, they were excited and my brother was double excited when I showed him these birthday cake remix rice crispie treats I made and brought with me that morning for his birthday!
Here's the recipe:
- I used a ton more sprinkles on the top to make it more festive!
- I used more marshmallows for extra sweetness!
- Use a non-stick pot for the marshmallows and butter, it will make clean up SO much easier!
- Work fast because you want to make sure everything is mixed well before the marshmallow and butter mixture hardens.
- Use VERY low heat-- I promise, it's a fool-proof recipe if you do this!
This recipe is pretty basic- I found it on a Pin on Pinterest and when I went to the grocery for ingredients, this exact recipe was on the box! If you love rice crispie treats and you love birthday cake, you will LOVE these!
What's your favorite birthday treat/dessert of choice?