SO this week was the start of my Detroit International HM training! My body is definitely feeling it and my shins/ITBS are killing me on my left side but hopefully using my foam roller and The Stick will help my sore muscles. I am working with my 5 mile base so hopefully that I have my endurance down, I can work on my speed. Detroit is a long ways away so I know I have plenty of time!
Here is what I'm loving on my playlist this week!
- Heartless- Kanye West
- I have been on an old school Kanye binge lately and I am LOVING his 808s & Heartbreak album from 2008! 3 songs from that album are on this week's playlist especially thanks to my Ursher pandora station for bringing those songs back into my life! This one is definitely one that I have to be in the mood to listen to when I run but once I'm in the groove, this is perfect.
- Amazing (feat. Young Jeezy)- Kanye West
- This is another great Kanye song but I have to be in the perfect running mood for me not to skip/shuffle this song!
- Love Lockdown- Kanye West
- Again, another Kanye favorite of mine! Definitely check this one out- it was probably my favorite on his 808s & Heartbreak album. I definitely needed this one during my 5+mile run last night!
- Aint it Funny- JLo & Ja Rule
- Ahhhhhh I wish so bad Ja Rule didn't play with guns and paid his taxes so he could make pure gold music like this song with J.Lo again. I love this song- definitely from JLo's sassier time in life and sometimes, I think this song is like perfect for the stage of life I'm going through. Early 2000s JLo really spoke to me and still to this day I have the majority of her first music album on my running playlist (these remixes too!).
- Hips Don't Lie feat. Wyclef Jean- Shakira
- This one definitely takes me back to college when my bff drunkenly serenaded me after one too many margaritas at our favorite Mexican restaurant! Seriously, we had fun in college. Haha ANYways- I love this song on my running playlist- I know all the words so it's not uncommon to hear me singing this during a particularly long run!
proof these playlists are doing their job-- stats from my very first training run last night for the Detroit International Half Marathon
What are you listening to this week??