Here we are for another Sunday Recipe! I learned how to make this amazing no-bake Mango Pie from my mom so many years ago and it's a staple dessert I make for large groups of Indians. My momma raised me right and the Southern way- never go to anyone's home empty handed! SO, I ended up made this when I was in Detroit (AFTER I was sick, I could barely stand the day I made this so my mom helped out a ton) at the beginning of the month to take over to my brother's fiancee's house when we went for dinner one night. We didn't eat it that night/I never heard anything back so I hope they enjoyed this amazingness. This recipe is fairly easy and straightforward (no-bake, yes!!!):
- 1 can mango pulp
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (make your own or store bought- I used store bought because it was easier & quicker!)
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (I got store brand but usually prefer the Knox brand)
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- Prepare the gelatin based on the directions on the package (usually boil 1/2C of water, add the pkg contents to the water and stir until dissolved, then cool).
- Mix the mango pulp, cooled gelatin mixture and room temperature cream cheese. I used an emmersion blender to make sure everything was combined evenly and the gelatin was evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
Dr. Dre wanted to help cook!
- Set the pie in the fridge for a couple hours. I left it in the fridge for about 3 hours and they looked perfect!
he wanted to eat it so bad! he had an adventure of his own that night!
Do you have any Southern traditions/traditions in general you adhere to no matter where you are?