Detroit training is in full swing! I've up-ed my milage the past 2.5 weeks and halfway through the month I've already run more than I did all of July! I'm really getting back into my morning runs so hopefully I can keep it up! 9.5 weeks left until the big race!
This is a screenshot of my most recent, albeit slow, run!
Here's what I've been listening to this week:
- I Do Not Hook Up- Kelly Clarkson
- Love this song. Love the message and love the beat to it when I am running! LOVE me some Kelly Clarkson!
- Brave- Sara Bareilles
- I know this came out a while ago but I recently learned of it's amazingness and am now obsessed! Check it out! I love all of her music, always makes me feel empowered/better about life every time I listen to anything off her new album!
- We Found Love (feat. Rihanna)- Calvin Harris
- AH. I have loved this song since fall 2010 when a former acquaintance introduced me this this amazing song! I never was a really big fan of RiRi before but this song, I'm in love. I love the lyrics, the beat, everything about this song! Listen to it and add it to your playlist ASAP!
- Lose Yourself- Eminem
- OK, so this is pretty much my running anthem. I'm sure I've used it before on a previous playlist Wednesday post but no matter what mental state I'm in, this song NEVER fails to keep me going!
- Independent Women Part 1- Destiny's Child
- I feel like this one is self explanatory. I love old school Destiny's Child when Beyonce wasn't so annoying and this song is perfect for a young, single, professional woman. I love the message of this song and using it to pace my "short" runs!