August has been a busy month so far! I'm about 3.5 weeks into my 12-week Detroit training plan and my mileage has been upp-ed exponentially and I am TIRED! I feel like my body is just sore and achy ALL the time. I'm going to try and start doing some more strength training and circuit work so hopefully that will help with the soreness!
Here are my stats from my runs so far this week! I still have a short run in the morning and a long run on Saturday left this week!
Monday's amazing run!
Here's what I'm listening to this week- they are all repeats I'm sure but I love them all!
- Pursuit of Happiness (Extended Steve Aoki Remix) [Explicit] [feat. MGMT & Ratatat]- Kid Cudi
- I LOVE THIS SONG. Whenever I hear this during my runs, I definitely spend the entire song (and time after) thinking about my life and if I am really pursuing happiness. I know in the grand scheme of life everyone is to some degree but I love how this song makes me think and this remix is forever long and I love it!
- Bring Em Out- T.I.
- Ooooh T.I. I love him. This is an old favorite of mine and I love the beat and the rap portions are amazing to keep me going after mile 3. I dread mile 3 on EVERY SINGLE RUN and I don't really get into a groove until I'm safely past mile 3.5-4 during any length run/race. Hopefully I can incorporate this into my long run playlists and see how it works out for me.
- Let's Go (feat. Ne-Yo)- Calvin Harris
- YES. Calvin Harris. The answer to all my problems. I love his entire CD and this song is one of my go-to songs when I run. I love how this song rarely fails to motivate me and at the very least keep my mind occupied when I run!
- I Want You (Feat. Fat Joe)- Thalia
- Oh this song always takes me back to spring semester of my junior year in high school, for obvious reasons but still. I love this song and always reminisce of when Fat Joe was actually fat. I love this song but I'm still judging Thalia so hard for marrying that heinous Tommy Mottola for so long...
- DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love (feat. Pitbull)- Usher
- OOK- URSHER. This song definitely takes me back to fall semester of my 3L year of law school but despite that, I love having this song keeping me motivated and keep me going during any length run. The beat is amazing and so addicting!
What's getting you going this week??!